Shamleless Plug

I'm embarking on a new part of my life that is happier and going in a direction! It's really refreshing.

I was married May 19th, 2012 to a great guy I met at the C.I.A and we're go excited to embark on a life together. He has as culinary degree to match my baking and pastry degree. It's going to be a Good life.

I hope you enjoy my thoughts on food and cooking. I am but a humble baker, who happens to love cooking and embraces the joy of food.


Friday, October 26, 2007

Pretending

I’m great at pretending. We all are. We smile, are polite and professional, never saying how we really feel. When people ask us how we are, we smile and claim we are fine. When we work with others, we are friendly and flexible. We are respectful and polite. I’m really good at all that. Why do we conform to this? Why is it so socially unacceptable to express our feelings? As young children, we throw tantrums, shaking our fists, screaming, crying, expressing our anger in such ways it expends all our angry energy. Now we bottle up our anger, agitation, sadness, until it bursts and is unleashed in unhealthy, unproductive ways. I’d like to throw a tantrum sometimes. I want to stop my feet, shake my fists, pout and be angry. My inner child throws her inner tantrums, and sits, pouting with her arms crossed. But I’m not allowed to be angry. I try to find more constructive ways to get angry feelings out: I work out. But it doesn’t work. I’m still cranky. It’s a bad cycle. I can’t break myself out of it. I’m stuck in the swirl of it. Augh, I just don’t know when my emotions took such a strong hold on my life. I’m stuck with pretending until I can find a way out.

0 comments: