Shamleless Plug

I'm embarking on a new part of my life that is happier and going in a direction! It's really refreshing.

I was married May 19th, 2012 to a great guy I met at the C.I.A and we're go excited to embark on a life together. He has as culinary degree to match my baking and pastry degree. It's going to be a Good life.

I hope you enjoy my thoughts on food and cooking. I am but a humble baker, who happens to love cooking and embraces the joy of food.


Thursday, November 15, 2007

Angry and Bitter

I was thinking about submitting this to my school paper as an editorial-esque piece, but I think it is as bitter as the people whom I am addressing. I am posting it here instead, in hopes someone might read it.

We all hear it. We’re all guilty of it at times, some more than others. Everyday I hear bitter and angry complaints about how the school is run. It’s getting a little tiresome. No school is perfect. I implore you to find a school with no problems and where everyone is happy. I’m not going to lie and pretend nothing is wrong with this school. I admit I get annoyed and irritated at certain departments.. But I still love where I am. I am loyal to my school. If you’re the kind of person who is bitter, unhappy and angrily rips the school apart with resentful complaints, you should find another school. You’re only making other people unhappy as well. You pay so much to go here, if you are angry about where you are, it makes sense to change it. Or take charge, don’t sit around attacking the school, change it, get involved.

So many people I know don’t want to be here, who are only here to “tough out” the last two terms. If you are going to do that, it is your choice. If you are going to complain, do so constructively. Don’t believe the rumors, get the facts from the right source. Believe it or not, there are people here to want to help us and improve our time here. You just need to go out and find them: have meetings with the right Dean, go to Student Government. Get involved. Sitting around with friends and a beer complaining isn’t going to change anything. You deserve to be happy with your education, and if you aren’t happy here and can accept that no one and no school is perfect, then maybe you should rethink your options.

0 comments: