Shamleless Plug

I'm embarking on a new part of my life that is happier and going in a direction! It's really refreshing.

I was married May 19th, 2012 to a great guy I met at the C.I.A and we're go excited to embark on a life together. He has as culinary degree to match my baking and pastry degree. It's going to be a Good life.

I hope you enjoy my thoughts on food and cooking. I am but a humble baker, who happens to love cooking and embraces the joy of food.


Thursday, November 8, 2007

Health

I like to think I’m in relatively good heath: I don’t eat a lot of fats, sugars, candy, fried food, processed crap, I don’t drink a lot of alcohol(or do drugs, stay out late, sleep in, either!); I may SHARE one beer or a glass of wine with my boyfriend about once a month or less….I really should work out more and eat more fruits and vegetables …but I drink only water, green tea and lowfat milk….oh, and I might share a soda with my boyfriend every now and then. I think that’s pretty reasonably healthy…..

I had a cold recently and lost 4-5 pounds, allegedly. That was exciting. But I’ve gained two back and am now annoyed at myself. All those delicious pumpkin muffins catching up to me. I’m not overweight by much, maybe 1-5 pounds, my BMI is in the middle of the healthy range, so why am I worrying about my weight? My health is important to me, I have NF (still need to do that blog) and that causes a lot of problems, none of which have sprung up with me as of yet, but I’m trying to keep myself in good health to impede what complications I can. I’d like to loose another 5 pounds, and it’s hard! The gym calorie counts are ineffective, you know? You work out for a while on a bike, or a treadmill, and you get a calorie count? Those are horribly incarcerate. I’ve since switched to mile count…today I did over 6.5 miles at the gym on a bike.I’m hoping to drop some weight soon…I’m already cutting back on the few little luxuraries of food I allow myself from time to time: cheese, sauces, white rice, flat breads, the occasional fun size snickers or starbursts…..hopefully that’ll drop my weight…and drinking a ton of green tea…. I’d love to loose 5 pounds, but I know it wont make me “happy” just more chilled out about my weight and my confidence.
Health and weight loss are two different things, at least for me. You can loose weight in unhealthy ways, and still be unhealthy, or you can be healthful: be active, eat right, sleep well, and weight will come off naturally….I’m trying for that way.

With Thanksgiving coming the pressure to loose weight is on….I don’t eat much at Thanksgiving. I sample everything fatty in moderation, pile on the veggies and lean turkey,…I enjoy without gorging, but I still like that few pound weight loss to buffer in case I “go to town” on Spinach dip. I can’t wait for Thanksgiving and yet I am uneasy about it….don’t know why though….

I’m looking forward to being home and cooking and baking, seeing old friends and spending the holiday with my family and boyfriend….can’t wait to see what this holiday will bring. Untill then, I’m trying hard to stay healthy and save up all that fat and calories for all the things I want to eat when I am home.

0 comments: