Shamleless Plug

I'm embarking on a new part of my life that is happier and going in a direction! It's really refreshing.

I was married May 19th, 2012 to a great guy I met at the C.I.A and we're go excited to embark on a life together. He has as culinary degree to match my baking and pastry degree. It's going to be a Good life.

I hope you enjoy my thoughts on food and cooking. I am but a humble baker, who happens to love cooking and embraces the joy of food.


Friday, November 9, 2007

On Being A Lady

Growing up, my grandma Horne always told me to act like a lady: stand up straight, sit up straight, be polite, respectful, speak properly and dress appropriately . Until I was 12, I was mistaken for a boy so many times I’m a little surprised I haven’t ended up with some sort of identity crisis. I always felt if I didn’t look like a girl to people, I ought to act like a lady, to show people that I was a girl. Acting like a lady has always stuck with me. I like being lady-like. I don’t think running around in tiny skirts, half shirts and full drunk is becoming of me.
Being a lady should be something every woman should strive for. My generation is so….corrupted. I think I belong to another decade. I don’t like where the generation or the one after me is heading. But I wont get into that or I will get angry. Girls in my generation have three earrings, tattoos, wear reveling clothing, smoke, drunk, do drugs and act crudely, and “uninhibited” (meaning they like to flaunt their bodies). They try to pass it off as being “Fun and free!” Give me a break. I was raised better than that and if I ever have a daughter she will, too.
I don’t see why people are so rude and disrespectful. I’m appalled at the very idea of talking back to my parents, or being rude or disrespectful to a teacher. The very idea!

….I’m such a nerd. Teacher’s pet. Momma’s girl. I don’t care. If being a good person and acting like a lady makes me those things, I don’t care. People who treat people rudely, and act the way I mentioned above don’t have much respect for themselves. How do I expect people to treat others well when they don’t treat themselves well? You can’t.
I wish people were happier with themselves. If the media wasn’t so horrible and harsh we may have more ladies and gentlemen. Parents need to raise the kids right, too. My mother and family raised me to respect people older than me, be polite and to listen, behave. I think it has made me a little neurotic, but respectful. I’d rather be on the touch of the neurotic side than unladylike.

I have no idea how to end this, and I’ve been picking at this for awhile, starting and editing, so maybe I’ll just let it alone to stew in my mind, and come back to it later…blogs are a lot harder than one would think!

0 comments: