Shamleless Plug

I'm embarking on a new part of my life that is happier and going in a direction! It's really refreshing.

I was married May 19th, 2012 to a great guy I met at the C.I.A and we're go excited to embark on a life together. He has as culinary degree to match my baking and pastry degree. It's going to be a Good life.

I hope you enjoy my thoughts on food and cooking. I am but a humble baker, who happens to love cooking and embraces the joy of food.


Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Rain Puddles

I reached sight distance of the main doors of the student rec center and became excited. It was teeming rain.
I delightedly pushed through the doors and into he cold, hard rain. I love walking in the rain. When I was younger I loved to take my little umbrella and run around barefoot in the rain, splashing in puddles and getting the ends of my little play dress soaked.
I walked through the rain now, my face exposed and titled slightly to the drops. It was wet and freezing. I savored it.
My hooded sweatshirt was slowly getting damp. My hair was getting damp. I didn’t care, I would probably be going to be in a shower within 20 minutes of walking into my door anyway. Reaching around the corner of the Rec center, I saw a puddle and stepped into it without another thought. Wow, that was deeper than I expected. My socks are wet and cold. I didn’t mind. I kept walking, up the hill, the rain creating a shimmering slight puddle as it rain down the hill, the same way oil looks as it is heated in a skillet.
I splashed in various puddles as I walked, relishing the splash and the cold water. I shivered a little, as bits of the rain turned into ice. I didn’t care. I still love the rain. I didn’t care if I looked “foolish” to others. No one was around anyway. How many times in my life can I splash around in puddles? My whole life, probably. But I haven’t done this in years. My hair and clothes were becoming more damp. I still didn’t care. I never get to splash around in puddles here. I’m perpetually in business casual, I’m almost never in normal clothing, especially when it rains. I took advantage. As I reach the front door of my lodge, I notice the rain begin to slow, as if there was no reason to teem now that someone wont be enjoying it (wouldn’t it be great to believe in things like that again?).
Now I sit here, cold and slightly damp, waiting to take a shower. I miss loving the rain like that.

0 comments: