Shamleless Plug

I'm embarking on a new part of my life that is happier and going in a direction! It's really refreshing.

I was married May 19th, 2012 to a great guy I met at the C.I.A and we're go excited to embark on a life together. He has as culinary degree to match my baking and pastry degree. It's going to be a Good life.

I hope you enjoy my thoughts on food and cooking. I am but a humble baker, who happens to love cooking and embraces the joy of food.


Monday, November 12, 2007

Spanish

Spanish has become a difficult class for me. I used to be pretty good at it, but now with a new professor and chapters becoming more complex, I find myself falling behind. Our new professor is a wee bit difficult. She will speak only in Spanish, giving me about a 20% coherency in class. The teaching style is difficult. I miss the days when I really knew Spanish, I still swing a 90 or better on quizzes, but only because I study so hard before it, and what I “learn” doesn’t last longer then the quiz.

We were all understandingly frustrated when all this went down….the professor and the Dean made things difficult…they didn’t understand about the long break, or even reviewing, just staying TO THE SYLLABUS!! God forbid we go away from that for the sake of reviewing….So we got frustrated, angry, and things were rowdy for a little while, but I understand, who wouldn’t? But things have settled down fairly well since. But rumor has it there is some letter circulating around with a dean about how “bad” the class is, or something like that. I never really thought the rowdiness was so bad that someone had to write a letter. I guess they were, in retrospect, but things are better now. Since middle school, I’ve trained myself to ignore the background noise and focus on the lesson as much as possible.
I just miss my professor and my grasp on the language.

0 comments: