Shamleless Plug

I'm embarking on a new part of my life that is happier and going in a direction! It's really refreshing.

I was married May 19th, 2012 to a great guy I met at the C.I.A and we're go excited to embark on a life together. He has as culinary degree to match my baking and pastry degree. It's going to be a Good life.

I hope you enjoy my thoughts on food and cooking. I am but a humble baker, who happens to love cooking and embraces the joy of food.


Sunday, December 2, 2007

9th Term, and Disengaging.

I really don’t know what will happen in 9th term. My schedule is NUTS! Three classes, from 8am-6:15+ pm every Monday, and classes from 8am-9:30 pm on Wednesdays . The rest of my week is blessedly not as heavy. I hear the first part of the term is calm and slow, but suddenly, in amazing synchronization, every class has a need to assign projects, papers, and exams. Wonderful. I think I’ll be okay. It’s just going to take a lot of work. Oi vey. This term honestly wasn’t that bad. It went by so quickly. Oh. Right. Spanish sucked. How soon we forget. But hey, that’s all over now.
As hectic as my schedule feels at the moment, I kind of like it. So I’ll be running around like mad for two days. I’ll have the rest of the week to study and catch up on everyone.
It’s my own doing, really. I failed accounting 7th term, and had to retake it halfway through 8th term, and opted out of Finance so I might get a hold on Accounting first….So, now my schedule is swamped, but it would have been this term anyway. It wouldn’t have done too much for my schedule anyway.
Wow, I’m done in a few months. What can I do to get as much as I can out of this school? Holy goodness. I suddenly feel very tense. I’m going to have to get my career together, keep grades up (I must say I think I did very well this term), and get the most out of my school. I’m going to be busy. Spanish is the only problem I foresee at the moment, but we shall see. I’m suddenly very tired. I just want Monday off! I would really love not to have class on Monday. I just finished a nutty few weeks. And now we begin again? Goodness. I’m hoping to avoid a burnout. What do I want for Christmas? The ability to not burnout or have a meltdown.
My plan to avoid that is sleep, working out, and lots of green tea. I think the green tea is more psychological more than anything else, if I believe it will help me, it probably will. It's better than coffee when I have a class that ends at 9:30, 9 on lucky days.


I wont mind being busy. It makes me feel like a college student. I admit I feel a little dorky sitting in my room all day. I really should write more, but I don't think there is anything worth writing about here. I feel unmotivated, lazy, tired, moody at times. I want to disengage. There are times when I just want to disengage from everything that's giving me issues that are superfluous. But how? I don't have time to arduously worry over petty little things. Oh, pettiness. When am I going to learn that you just aren't worth the trouble? You aren't. I'm irritated by your hold on me vicariously through other people. I'm too old for this. I hate pettiness and petty people. People who pick at little things, past things, current things, belaboring the point, always carping. Oh well, sooner or later I'll figure it out. 9th term will be sufficiently distracting. Bring it on.


0 comments: