Shamleless Plug

I'm embarking on a new part of my life that is happier and going in a direction! It's really refreshing.

I was married May 19th, 2012 to a great guy I met at the C.I.A and we're go excited to embark on a life together. He has as culinary degree to match my baking and pastry degree. It's going to be a Good life.

I hope you enjoy my thoughts on food and cooking. I am but a humble baker, who happens to love cooking and embraces the joy of food.


Thursday, January 17, 2008

My Finance Teacher is a Liar: Writings from my notebook

6:38- I was so spoiled today. I didn't have my AM class, I slept in till 9, I got out of my Leadership and Spanish class early and I was able to eat two times today! I'm so spoiled. Now I'm sitting in Finance, waiting for the professor- who just arrived.

6:40- Suppressing urge that I'm going crazy.

6:45- What is up with these word problems in the book? The company names are so lame it's exasperating; "Billy Chrystal Stores Inc", Polly Esther Dress Shop", "Jodie Foster Care Homes"? It's more annoying than lame.

7:50- Guess I'm getting through this. I'm not going crazy yet. My professor told us we'd probably be out on or before 8:30 tonight, but I think that means 9, so we'll see. I figured out a new countdown practice. I start my calculator at 120, and take away minutes by the 5s or 10s. I start at 120, because it's when I start to loose it, and 180 just seems too discouraging. I don't know why I do it. When I look at the clock I know how much time is left, but I guess seeing the minutes makes it more manageable, like a coping method. Maybe it's some mild OCD, ADD or some other combination of initials.

8:50- My Professor is a liar. We've been spending the last 45+minutes on a problem that has nothing to do with the exam next week. Someone just pointed out the chart that was passed out had an error on it, which makes me want to blurt out: "WHO CARES!? It's a FAKE company, with FAKE numbers and a formula that has NOTHING to do with the exam!" Honestly. Who cares if there's an error, which, by the way, turned out not to be an error, so we just spent an EXTRA ten minutes on something useless. Finally, he's passing out the exam guidelines. Perhaps I'll be out before 9:10.

My Finance Teacher is a liar, but still a good guy anyway.

0 comments: