Shamleless Plug

I'm embarking on a new part of my life that is happier and going in a direction! It's really refreshing.

I was married May 19th, 2012 to a great guy I met at the C.I.A and we're go excited to embark on a life together. He has as culinary degree to match my baking and pastry degree. It's going to be a Good life.

I hope you enjoy my thoughts on food and cooking. I am but a humble baker, who happens to love cooking and embraces the joy of food.


Thursday, January 3, 2008

Rattling my fingers

I've been trying to work on a paper and an article all afternoon...for the past three hours or so, and I'm not much farther than I am when I started. The article is difficult, I haven't been really procrastinating, just struggling with making the article perfect. So I'm rattling my fingers on the keyboard, so I can feel like I got another thing done today. List of things done today 1) Began reading for a paper 2) Starting the paper 3) Getting interview questions for that paper 4) Starting an article for the next issue of the school paper 5) Starting some Leadership homework.

I guess that's something. I have a bit more to finish tomarrow, but right now I'm in the fog that comes from looking at a computer screen all day...but for once it hasn't been for silly reasons! I'm proud of myself. I actually did stuff today! Hopefully I can get more done Friday, when I have all day long to complete work.

Time to be a little vain. I started wearing makeup this week and what a difference a little makeup makes! Wow. I used to be so against wearing makeup, not wanting to conform to what society dictates what I must wear, weigh, and look, but this isn't so bad at all! Anyway, I just like it.

I'm really struggling with this article. My editor (for the school paper) asked me to attend a Robert Irvine book panel discussion, and write a short peice about it. But my boyfriend pushed me to actually go up and speak to the Exec Producer of Irvine's Show "Dinner: Impossible" I did and had a wonderful chat with Mr. O'Reilly, and was able to speak to Chef Irvine the next day for a minute. Literally a minute. But it was amazing! I was so nervous and shy about it! But he was so nice, friendly and down to earth. I like to think if he had more time he'd have sat down with me to chat. So this article is hard, I have so much information but have no idea how to put it into an article.
It was such a great experience though! It was so so cool....I talked to these people! I had a great time. What great guys. I'm going to try and send them a copy of the article with a thank you letter, so there's extra pressure to make the article extra good. I'll try and post the article after I have written it. :)

Dinner:Impossible is a great show, by the way, if you don't already know. Chef Robert Irvine is an incredibly talented and passionate chef.

0 comments: