Shamleless Plug

I'm embarking on a new part of my life that is happier and going in a direction! It's really refreshing.

I was married May 19th, 2012 to a great guy I met at the C.I.A and we're go excited to embark on a life together. He has as culinary degree to match my baking and pastry degree. It's going to be a Good life.

I hope you enjoy my thoughts on food and cooking. I am but a humble baker, who happens to love cooking and embraces the joy of food.


Sunday, January 20, 2008

Water

Well, I asked my boyfriend what I should write about, and so I am. Water. People need to drink more of it. You're supposed to take your body weight, divide it by half, and that is how many ounces you should be getting, so 137/2= approx 68 ounces. Damn, the dance is coming up next week! Time to cut out all junk for REAL this time so I look good in the dress. Lots of water, tea....this topic is ridiculous and whimmy. It's 11 at night, and I'm just doing this to pass a minute or two, so don't expect gold.
People really don't drink enough water. I see kids in class and at meal times with coffee, three glasses of sugar-laden "juice", bottles of soda at 8am..... People don't get that so many of the calories they drink is from liquids. I try to drink water, tea and lowfat milk...diet soda isn't even good for you. How hard is it to drink water? Don't get me STARTED on water bottles....the ones you buy in 24 packs, what a waste! Buy ONE and refill it! Recycle it. It's so bad for the environment. I re-use the few soda bottles I own, as well as regular sport's water bottles. Now companies make drinking water so simple for picky people who just HAVE to always have flavor with everything...but at least it's something. I just think people should realize how good they have it. We're lucky to have CLEAN water, let alone fake flavored water.

Before this goes from a water post to a "Why America is a spoiled and under-appreciative society" post....I should wind this down. Long story short, water is one of the easiest things you can do for your body. Cheap, clean....hydrating....Necessary....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...[Reply]

It still boggles my mind that you wrote a blog about water. It came to my mind only because I was drinking some at the momment that you asked me and I was being half sarcatic.

Matthew.

Anonymous said...[Reply]

Image, Matthew suggesting you write about water on your blog. Matthew, the one who has constantly heard the words all through his life, "Matthew, you need to drink more water, you don't drink enough, its good for you" Image that! But, you took the suggestion and ran with it. Great blog!