Shamleless Plug

I'm embarking on a new part of my life that is happier and going in a direction! It's really refreshing.

I was married May 19th, 2012 to a great guy I met at the C.I.A and we're go excited to embark on a life together. He has as culinary degree to match my baking and pastry degree. It's going to be a Good life.

I hope you enjoy my thoughts on food and cooking. I am but a humble baker, who happens to love cooking and embraces the joy of food.


Monday, February 25, 2008

Bees and Sibling Angst

My father is taking up bee keeping. He is really going to be keeping bees. Three pounds of Italian bees. We were talking about it at dinner last week. My sister was teasing me by telling me I need to get a job and an apartment. Bees are in the top three of things I’m most terrified of. My dad was saying how Russian bees were more aggressive, which launched my brother into this stand-up act of Russian Communist bees.
We have a bee crisis going on in the country. Bees are dying out and crops are suffering. Having bees in the backyard would help a mile radius or so. It’d be helpful in areas with more crops, so maybe this will be some big tread. I’m looking forward to fresh honey and honeycomb (even if my dad wants to use it to make mead)

I was irritated when my sister teased me. I get defensive and when I try and stand up for my self they exchange these amused, humored expressions of shock. I’m 22, and whenever I’m home I feel like I’m transformed into a child again, and they make me feel so little. My brother talks to me with an attitude sometimes and once you give him one back he gets all shocked and angry and immature “Ooooh! Well then! See how far you get with THAT attitude!” Aaagh!!!

I want to be treated like an adult. I’m so sick of them talking to me and teasing me and making me feel so small. They would say stop acting like one, but they do it to get to me, and isn’t that childish? The worst of it is when I stand up for myself, I get into trouble. I’m the one that gets yelled at and I don’t even get a chance to explain myself. If they do it to get to me and make me upset, isn’t that more childish? It’s not fair. I feel like I’m so misunderstood and I’m so sick of trying to explain to justify myself to them. I’m different, get over it. Learn to accept me and stop making me feel so damn small. Of course if I say that, they’ll blame it all on me and it’ll me all my fault for standing up to myself. My parents wont listen, because of course, since I’m the one home from school, and I’m the youngest, it’s me causing the trouble. Of course, of course. I’ve been teased enough in my life and I sure as hell don’t need it in my 20’s from my siblings when they do it to see me get angry. They can tease me but they can’t get it back? My parents “Don’t want to referee” but that’s not what I’m asking! Just LISTEN to me! You shouldn’t have to tell your children in their 20’s to stop making their little sister feel so small.

We all get along most of the time, but sometimes they just like to pick and pick and pick and they just like to see me squirm and fight back. I’m too damn old for this.

0 comments: