Shamleless Plug

I'm embarking on a new part of my life that is happier and going in a direction! It's really refreshing.

I was married May 19th, 2012 to a great guy I met at the C.I.A and we're go excited to embark on a life together. He has as culinary degree to match my baking and pastry degree. It's going to be a Good life.

I hope you enjoy my thoughts on food and cooking. I am but a humble baker, who happens to love cooking and embraces the joy of food.


Monday, February 25, 2008

Mishgosh of a 40th post

My senior thesis is done! My term is windng down, papers are being turned in....my feelings are mixed. I'm sad to think I'm leaving behind my second home, chefs, teachers, friends, the food, the life I've known for three years. But a part of me is ready to be home again for a little bit, find a job...


A job. Freelance is going to be tough. I'm lucky to have the contacts that I do. I'd be so lost and going nowhere without them.


Anyone looking for an aspiring food writer almost fresh out of college?


I wish I was more understood. I feel so desperate to be understood sometimes. When I joke around, or am sarcastic, I never intend to be mean, just trying to belong. Sometimes they just don't get it.


It's hard sometimes. I want to be liked, but I don't know how to fit in. But at the same time I don't. I like to be myself; a little weird and different, but that doesn't mean I want to be outcasted, or made to feel like one with comments, smirks and stares.


When did Spanish get so hard? I remember when chapter three worried me. I feel so behind. I never got lower than an 85 until I got to Spanish 4. Now I'm trying to get above 75. It feels like Math- where I have no foundation.


This post is going in too many directions. Apologies. Just writing the things that went through my mind in my last two classes.

0 comments: