Shamleless Plug

I'm embarking on a new part of my life that is happier and going in a direction! It's really refreshing.

I was married May 19th, 2012 to a great guy I met at the C.I.A and we're go excited to embark on a life together. He has as culinary degree to match my baking and pastry degree. It's going to be a Good life.

I hope you enjoy my thoughts on food and cooking. I am but a humble baker, who happens to love cooking and embraces the joy of food.


Friday, March 28, 2008

Cover Letters

I am in the middle of writing cover letters to send to alumni. The thing is, I'm not exactly seeking a job. I'd love a job, but I think it is presumptuous to write or call someone who may not even be seeking anyone (and gets hundreds of letters a day from people who wish to write) and say "Hi! I'm here! Give me a job!". Especially for food writing, you cannot expect a job just like that. It's foolish. It takes work and determination. At this point, I'm happy for advice and for these people to look at the things I've written and to tell me how to become better.

I'm about two sentences away from begging potential employers to give me a look. But I wont, I think it's frowned upon.

My cover letter is painfully short. I am just contacting these people for some advice and direction. Maybe let me know where to go next. All I have is a blog and some articles in a school newspaper. This really shouldn't be this hard. I've been sitting here for two hours trying to express what I would like from these people. I want to tell them a bit about myself, but is that appropriate? Do they really care that as much as I love to bake and cook, I'd rather be writing about food than doing perfect knife cuts on fruit? Maybe.

I just want to write and be around food. A place that would let me do so would be incredible. I don't know where I'm going to end up, I just hope it's somewhere that will allow me to do it.

0 comments: