Shamleless Plug

I'm embarking on a new part of my life that is happier and going in a direction! It's really refreshing.

I was married May 19th, 2012 to a great guy I met at the C.I.A and we're go excited to embark on a life together. He has as culinary degree to match my baking and pastry degree. It's going to be a Good life.

I hope you enjoy my thoughts on food and cooking. I am but a humble baker, who happens to love cooking and embraces the joy of food.


Wednesday, October 1, 2008

91st post (!!!)

Post 91!? Really!? Wow. I'm kinda impressed with myself.


So, I brought my smoothie to work today. But I left it in the car, and by the time I realized it, it was down pouring rain outside. But I wanted it!! So I ran out there, splashing in puddles and getting damp rapidly and then back to the bakery, rain dripping from my hat.

My smoothie actually came out pretty good. I used almost all frozen fruit: blueberries, a few mango chunks, a little pineapple, and a fresh banana. I added orange juice and in the morning I put in some Instant Breakfast. Since I didn't feel like getting a blast of fruit at 5 am, I ate one of those Fiber One toaster pastries (they were tasty, better than a normal pop-tart)

All I could really taste was pineapple, with a little banana in the background, as well as something I could only identify as tropical.

Although I probably got in about three servings of fruit, a packet of instant breakfast (full of good stuff) AND a multivitamin, all before 8 o'clock, I sabotaged myself throughout the day: a small snickers bar, a blt for lunch, a few swallows of Pepsi and eating one of the new cookies I had made today (pumpkin with cream cheese icing[which are delicious]), also, when I returned home I ate a a small package of cheese and crackers.
But I'm kind of okay with that. I'll make another smoothie tomorrow. Maybe every day. It would keep me on track: fruit smoothie, multivitamin. My mother brought home a very nice looking stationary bike that I'll try to use a few times a week, and that'll help too.

I'm not really looking to loose weight. Since I began working (which goes doubly when I hit the 9 hour+ mark), I eat what I want. For the most part. I don't (usually) inhale fast food, chips, soda and other fried foods, I do that once in a while. But if I want a cookie, a burger, a few chips or something, I eat it. I'm on my feet not eating for so many hours, I think it balances out.

I'm just looking to feel healthier. Not so tired. Not so cranky or short tempered. Not so easily susceptible to getting sick. Just a general feeling of betterness. So we'll see what happens.


PS- I'll be 23 in ten days. Just throwing it out there. =) I REALLY hope I'm not working the day after my birthday, but I'll just have to wait and see, and possibly negotiate something with a
co-worker.

[Update: I am going to end up working my birthday. We're probably going to be pureeing pumpkins two Mondays in a row- this coming Monday and the 13th. And I'm on for the 19th. There really is no point for the boyfriend to come allll the way down for that. So I plan on switching with someone, which means I'll be working the 12th, and the 13th, but not the weekend my boyfriend is coming, so I don't mind.]

0 comments: