Shamleless Plug

I'm embarking on a new part of my life that is happier and going in a direction! It's really refreshing.

I was married May 19th, 2012 to a great guy I met at the C.I.A and we're go excited to embark on a life together. He has as culinary degree to match my baking and pastry degree. It's going to be a Good life.

I hope you enjoy my thoughts on food and cooking. I am but a humble baker, who happens to love cooking and embraces the joy of food.


Monday, October 27, 2008

Broccoli Stir Fry, Take Two

A few weeks ago I tried to make my own broccoli lunch. I went out and got all these Asian sauces with high hopes that it would be delicious as the take out stuff. And much, much cheaper.

But it was a disaster.

The sauce was god awful (bean sauce which was thick and smelled funny) and my broccoli was undercooked.
So this weekend I decided I'd have another go at it. I would buy a standard Teryaki this time and make it right.
I ended up buying Ken's Steakhouse Sesame and Ginger Asian Salad dressing. Which smelled amazing. I reduced it a little and after I steamed my broccoli, I added it to the pan with the sauce in it to let it coat and reduce.

What I got was overcooked broccoli in deeply acidic sauce. Very disappointing. I could only eat a few bites before I couldnt' eat anymore.

Next time I'm going to buy the sauce my boyfriend and I used when we used to cook stir-frys. It's bright red and mostly full of fake stuff, but at least it's sweet and tasty.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...[Reply]

http://www.apostropheabuse.com/

and I really like "House of Tsang" Schezuan spicy stir fry sauce, it's great.