Shamleless Plug

I'm embarking on a new part of my life that is happier and going in a direction! It's really refreshing.

I was married May 19th, 2012 to a great guy I met at the C.I.A and we're go excited to embark on a life together. He has as culinary degree to match my baking and pastry degree. It's going to be a Good life.

I hope you enjoy my thoughts on food and cooking. I am but a humble baker, who happens to love cooking and embraces the joy of food.


Saturday, March 28, 2009

Hollow Leg Syndrome

It's the start of a new season. So, of course, as usual, I am starving.
Whenever a new season starts, well, at least the transition from cold to colder and colder to warmer, I feel like I can't consume enough calories.

I'm not scarfing down nearly as much as I usually do. I think when winter started I inhaled hundreds (if not a thousand) of extra calories a day. But it was much different then; Last winter, I was, of course, up to my elbows in overtime. Working a normal day of 12 hours and my longest day being almost 18. So I hardly noticed when I had a second or third (Who am I kidding, how about 'fifth or sixth') chicken finger or some other kind of bad for you, trans fat laden fried food (I remember leaving work at 5:30 pm, after being there since 3 am, and getting several items from Mcdonalds and scarfing it down before I even reached the highway).

But at the same time I could really stand to shed a pound or five. I made the grave mistake of trying on a pair of jeans at Old Navy, and they barely went past my knees! They were my size, but their jeans have never really fit me since I hit puberty and they have so many different styles, a size is never the same size in each style. Still, it made me so depressed I very nearly bought Soy Nuggets at Trader Joes....Which I'm kind of considering getting...Mmmm...soy nuggets with Bbq sauce......Really! They are really quite tasty!

Anyway....I've been eating a lot of jelly beans, and crackers and cookies and I really wish I had better will power. Maybe I should chew gum, drink more water, or do something to control my eating habits. I can't wait for nicer weather, and warm days so I can go for more walks and feel like I'm taking control of my health.

While it may cost a little more, I really ought to invest in foods that are actually sort of good for you, like minimally processed items: preservative free/cane sugar granola bars, grainy cereal, even soy nuggets. The kind of stuff one finds at Trader Joes. And drinking green tea. More salads. Less junk.
I say that. I've said that in I don't know how many posts. But this time, while I may fall of the horse and fail, it's almost summer, and it's going to be a busy one, and if I want to look good and have energy, I need to make changes now.

0 comments: