Shamleless Plug

I'm embarking on a new part of my life that is happier and going in a direction! It's really refreshing.

I was married May 19th, 2012 to a great guy I met at the C.I.A and we're go excited to embark on a life together. He has as culinary degree to match my baking and pastry degree. It's going to be a Good life.

I hope you enjoy my thoughts on food and cooking. I am but a humble baker, who happens to love cooking and embraces the joy of food.


Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cheese Fondue and More Kielbasa

It's Saturday morning, and we're wandering around the new Fairway Market in Stamford. Matthew took a baguette from the display, and we grabbed a gallon of milk.

In the car on the way home, he mentioned he wanted to make cheese fondue. We still had pounds and pounds of sliced cheese in the freezer from a catering gig he did a few months ago. And with the other half of the kielbasa waiting to be cooked, it sounded like a tasty and filling special lunch.


The cheese fondue is aromatic. The sauteed kielbasa smells inviting. Cheese, bread and meat for lunch! A lazy Saturday watching BBC's "The Office" on DVD, on a spread out blanket having a picnic lunch.



It's a simple fondue of white cheeses: Swiss, Provolone, and Havarti. With just a smidgen of American to bind it together.  Along with basic spices of salt, pepper, Worcestershire, garlic/onion powder, and mustard. It's so basic and so delicious.It started out a touch too thin as we began eating, but after the third or fourth bite, it cooled and thickened to the perfect viscosity to coat porous bread and thick slices of kielbasa.


The bread swelled with cheese as we submerged it into the fondue. Absorbing and coating a plain (but so very tasty) baguette with cheesy goodness.


Matthew thinks it needed about two ounces more cheese, but the flavor was good. My opinion is that it was a nice balance of all the cheeses, it was hot, viscous, and blended so well with the kielbasa and the bread.


We have a bit left, which I hope will make amazing Mac and Cheese on Monday.



0 comments: