Shamleless Plug

I'm embarking on a new part of my life that is happier and going in a direction! It's really refreshing.

I was married May 19th, 2012 to a great guy I met at the C.I.A and we're go excited to embark on a life together. He has as culinary degree to match my baking and pastry degree. It's going to be a Good life.

I hope you enjoy my thoughts on food and cooking. I am but a humble baker, who happens to love cooking and embraces the joy of food.


Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Haphazard Soup

Matthew has had a cold for a few days. Which means I'm cooking dinner for one. Last night I made myself pulled pork quesadillas with corn and cheddar. It was everything a quesadilla needs to be: cheesy, meaty and crispy. The sour cream was the usual deliciously creamy cold addition.

Last night Matthew asked me to throw together some soup: sauteed cabbage, chicken, carrots. We keep boulion cubes for assorted uses, and served as the base. It really wasn't much, but when cooking for someone who couldn't taste anything I didn't have much to loose; how would he know if it wasn't great?

He asked for the same thing today, so I took more care this time, and made a bigger batch. I chiffonaded the cabbage into smaller bite sized pieces and sauteed it with more spices and some corn. I picked apart the chicken to nothing more than skin and bones, and threw in a drumstick into the pot for a little more flavor. I even threw in a bay leaf for good measure. I went more heavy handed on the pepper, paprika, onion and garlic powder.
The soup is simmering and it really doesn't smell too bad. I'm just waiting on the carrots to cook through and it'll be ready to eat. Even though it smells alright, I think I'm going to stick to something else. We have a small amount of beef in the fridge that might be tasty in a stir fry or sauteed for a salad.

0 comments: